The Lion I Saw Is My Father.

 Born into one of Africa's largest prides, this lion cub had everything: love, care, food, and company. Every morning, his only concern was feeding, playing, and sleeping. But the lion world has a dark culture where young males are chased into exile, forced to fend for themselves. This terrifying rite of passage means leaving behind sisters, cousins, aunts, and mothers, venturing into the unknown.

This lion, however, survived, thrived, and conquered a kingdom teeming with antelopes, buffaloes, and zebras. He built a great family, earning the respect of all other animals. But, as fate would have it, another solitary lion challenged his throne, and the fierce battle left him wounded and defeated. He was forced to flee, leaving behind his kingdom, cubs, and lionesses.

I watched this documentary with tears streaming down my face as the once-mighty king, now bony and wounded, struggled to survive. He couldn't hunt due to his injuries, and hyenas attacked him at every turn. He hid in bushes, emerging only under the cover of darkness to scavenge for scraps. After a week, he was barely holding on, but his eyes still shone with hope – a hope he couldn't see, feel, or touch, but believed in.

This lion's story reminded me of my father, who faced similar struggles and setbacks. People judged him harshly, forgetting his good deeds. My father, like the lion, has hope he can't see, feel, or touch, but believes in. Despite his struggles, he loves his children and wishes only the best for them. He taught me to hold onto hope, even in the darkest moments, just like the lion.

My father is a man who has faced countless challenges, yet still finds the strength to smile when his children are around. To smile in grief is a sign of power and resilience. He has failed many times, but that doesn't stop him from trying again. As the saying goes, "a man falls every time, but what makes him stronger is the number of times he gets up from the ground."

The people my father once helped and laughed with rejected and mocked him. I remember the day a woman he had once fed and supported insulted and humiliated him in my presence. I wondered if she had forgotten everything or was an alien. The village gathered to watch as she poured out her venomous words. I asked myself, is this what it means to be poor? Is this the treatment one receives when they're no longer needed?

But I thank God for my father, who, despite his worst circumstances, has loved and taught us to be human. We may be nothing in the eyes of some people, but he gave us a book of humanity that has made us adored by others. His life, though sorrowful, has taught us that sometimes a friend is better than a brother or sister. He may not be the best man who ever lived, but he is the best father a child could ask for.

He has lived where God left his shoes, but still holds onto hope and adores God. Like the lion, every day is a new chance to try. Men face failures, mistakes, and downfalls, but they find ways to keep living. They carry crosses to the end without walking away. Being a father means sacrificing happiness for the sake of your children. My father could have abandoned us, but he carried us on his shoulders, all four of us. His mouth speaks less, but his heart holds a lot. The lion I saw Is my father.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every kiss feels like a new beginning.

CHANGE

I'M HERE...